Full Metal Jacket Diary – iPad app
Explore the making of the 1987 Vietnam War film “Full Metal Jacket” like never before with a new iPad app, created in a collaboration between the film’s star Matthew Modine and artist Adam Rackoff.
The partially Kickstarter-funded app is comprised of Modine’s personal diary, whose detailed accounts from the film’s two year shoot originally made up the 2005 book “Full Metal Jacket Diary.” Now, with the help of Rackoff, the original diary has been adapted into an app that combines audio effects, original footage, interviews, Modine’s first-hand observations of Stanley Kubrick at work, and Modine’s out-of-print original diary into one all-encompassing experience, now available on Apple’s App Store or at the fullmetaljackdiary, along with stills from the set and the diary in print form.
Matthew Modine’s FULL METAL JACKET DIARY is a premium app experience that offers users the choice to read or listen to his diary and includes the following features:
– Modine’s complete diary text from his out-of-print, award-winning, metal-bound book
– 5 chapters chronicling the filmmaking process – Private Life, Vietnam, Boot Camp, On Leave, and Boot Camp Redux
– A nearly 4 hour audio experience with Modine’s own absorbing narration, produced with immersive sound effects and original music
– Over 400 high-res photos and personal documents scanned from original negatives and source material
– Detailed information on photos including dates, locations, and all-new remembrances written by Modine
– Three bonus galleries featuring select photo restoration comparisons
– Interactive “favorites” gallery designed to simulate Matthew’s original contact sheets used in compiling his book
– Store your favorite photos and audio clips for later reference
– Share your favorite photos with your friends via Twitter
– Links to related articles, videos, content, and much more!
– Compatible with iPad 1 and 2, and optimized for the new iPad with HD Retina display
I’ll be purchasing one of these VERY soon…
This entry was posted on February 5, 2013 by Geordie. It was filed under Articles and was tagged with Behind the Scenes, Film Diary, Full Metal Jacket, Full Metal Jacket (1987), Matthew Modine, Stanley Kubrick, Vietnam.